If the screen of your Samsung Galaxy S4 broke (oh no!) don’t worry, because there are ways to fix it. You do not have to go out and buy a new smartphone. You don’t have to assume that you are going to have to shell out a bunch of cash, taking away money from other purchases you want to make or things that you want to do. Here is a quick guide that goes over the basics of how to fix a broken Samsung Galaxy S4 screen. Remember, you always have the option of having a professional do the job. But if you are interested in doing it yourself, have a look at these quick tips!
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S4. Make sure that the power is completely off, then remove the back cover and the battery.
- Take off the screws which are on the rear housing (there should be 9 of them). This task can be accomplished by utilizing a small Phillips screwdriver.
- The loud speaker assembly needs to be detached, so do this next.
- At this point, you are going to need a case opening tool. You will use this to ultimately remove the S4 middle frame. You will need tweezers in order to pick open the clip which is in the battery compartment. There is really no other away to grab onto this.
- With your case opening tool, make sure that the 9 connectors are no longer attached. Take the antenna out.
- The USB board needs to have its adhesive undone so that you can take out the port metal shield.
- Remove the USB cable and port board.
- Detach the motherboard where it is attached by 2 screws.
- Ultimately, you want to only have the S4 screen and frame in front of you. So, you are going to have to use something like tweezers to take out the camera, vibrating motor, headphone jack and any other parts which are otherwise in the way.
- You are now able to put the new parts into the appropriate places.
As you can see, there are a lot of details that go into screen removal and replacement when it comes to the Samsung Galaxy S4, but it is certainly feasible. Give it a try or simply have a pro do it!